Empowering Latinx physicians, medical professionals and medical students through education, advocacy & health policy to support their efforts to eliminate health disparity, promote and optimize health and the quality of life for Latinx in California.
California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) – Apply NOW!
The California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) is available to grant physicians, and other health care professionals, tax-exempt awards of up to $50,000 in exchange for clinician service providing direct patient care in designated practice sites for professionals practicing in federally designated California Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA).
The next Application Period Opens August 1, 2018 and Closes October 1, 2018
For more information on Provider Eligibility click on the following link: https://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HWDD/SLRP.html#Eligibility-Requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen (U.S born or naturalized)
- Possess a valid and unrestricted license to practice your profession in California
- Be free from judgments arising from federal debt
- Not have any other existing service obligations with other entities
- Not be in breach of any other health professional service obligation
- Be current on any child support payments
- Be employed at or have accepted employment at a SLRP approved Practice Site (See Practice Site Eligibility section for more details)
- Commit to providing a 2-year full-time (40 hrs./week) or a 4-year half-time (20 hrs./week) service obligation (See service commitment and awards section for more details)
- Medicine (MD/DO)
- Family Medicine
- General Internal Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- General Psychiatrist
- Dentist (DMD/DDS)
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals
- Health Service Psychologist (HSP), formerly Clinical or Counseling Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Mental Health Counselor (MHC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (PNS)
- Pharmacists (PharmD) Guidelines
SLRP offers both full-time and half-time service commitments. Full-time service requires a minimum of 40 hours per week; at least 32 of those hours must be spent providing direct patient care in an outpatient setting, during regular business hours. Half-time service requires a minimum of 20 hours per week; at least 16 of those hours must be spent providing direct patient care in an outpatient setting, during regular business hours. All providers are allotted 35 days off per service year. Clinicians who exclusively provide OB/GYN, mental health, geriatric, or pediatric dental care have fewer required outpatient care hours.