A webinar for general pediatricians to discuss the science of toxic stress, describe the principles of trauma informed care (TIC), gain tools for promoting resilience, and provide practical implementation advice, particularly in light of COVID-19.
- Recognizing & Addressing Childhood Trauma – Dayna Long MD (UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland)
- Trauma-Informed Care Priniciples in COVID-19– Saun-Toy Trotter MFT & Ken Epstein LCSW, PhD (Trauma Transformed)
- Patient Perspective – Jen Leland MFT & Joan Jeung MD (Trauma Transformed/UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals)
- Early Adopters Discuss Implementation of ACEs Screening and Trauma-Informed Care:
- Deirde Bernard-Pearl MD, Beth Grady MD, Omoniyi Omotoso MD, Miriam Rhew MD, Paul Espinas MD
- Community Resources
- First 5/Help Me Grow, Family Paths, Safe & Sound, FIND Connect, San Francisco Department of Public Health
- ACEs, Mental Health& COVID-19: A Stepped Care Approach to Triage and Treatment Planning – Petra Steinbuchel MD (UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals)
- How Children Heal from Trauma & COVID-19 – Alicia Lieberman PhD (UCSF)
- ACEs Screening Case Discussions
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland is accredited by the California Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For CME credit, evaluations must be completed by 6pm on 10/11/20.
For MOC Part 2 credit, you must include your ABP ID with registration, and receive a passing score of 70% on post-event quiz, no later than 6pm on 10/11/20