Empowering Latinx physicians, medical professionals and medical students through education, advocacy & health policy to support their efforts to eliminate health disparity, promote and optimize health and the quality of life for Latinx in California.
- This event has passed.
Mitigating Trauma with Empathic Listening Workshop – Part 2
March 20, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
March 13 & 20, 2021 2:00-3:30 pm EST/11:00 am-12:30 pm PST
Registration closes at 10 AM EST on March 13th!
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study
- Impact of ACEs on Children and Adults
- Creating Trauma-Sensitive Classrooms & Workplaces
- Mitigating the Effects of ACEs
- The Neuroscience of Trauma
- Trauma Responsive Practices
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg
- Empathic Listening Skills
- Conflict Prevention Skills
- Practical Application of NVC
This live workshop will be taught by Michael Jascz, the Executive Director of The Relationship Foundation, which has been actively working in New York City schools for the past 10 years to introduce the Trauma-Informed Approach to teachers and Nonviolent Communication to students. TRF’s work has expanded beyond schools and is now used in health care settings, corrections facilities, various social service organizations, and more.
The program and assignments include:
- Two 90 minute lectures
- Reading materials (provided)
- Videos (provided)
- Group Exercises
- Group Discussion
At the end of the two 90 minute workshops and upon satisfactory completion of all assignments, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance in Trauma Responsive and Empathic Communication Practices.
Use the promo code SAVE15 to get a discount!