1.0 Continuing Medical Education/Maintenance of Certification Credit Available*
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Noon – 1 p.m.
This webinar will provide information for women’s health providers about the importance of ACE screening in improving maternal health. Speakers will share resources for providers looking to introduce ACE screening in their practice, examples of how to create a healing environment for patients, and case studies on how to respond to ACEs with trauma-informed care.
Upon completion of the webinar, participants should be better able to:
- Recognize the science and impact of ACEs and toxic stress and understand the value of ACE screening in maternal health care practice
- Identify opportunities in pre-natal care to build trust and safety between patients and providers
- Describe ways to create healing environments and respond to ACE screening in maternal health clinical practice
- Carey Watson, MD, FACOG – Regional Medical Director, Family Violence Prevention Program, Kaiser Permanente Antioch Medical Center
- Mimi Mateo, CNM, MSN, CDE – Certified Nurse Midwife and Clinical Director of Midwifery, TrueCare
- Jeanie Vetter, LCSW – Behavioral Health Consultant, Women’s Health Services, TrueCare
*Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, the Office of the California Surgeon General, the California Department of Health Care Services and Aurrera Health Group. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.