Centerstone, a national leader in behavioral health care, will host a free, virtual Trauma 101 training on February 24 from 10-11:30 a.m. CST/8-9:30 a.m. PST
Children who have experienced complex trauma often have difficulty identifying, expressing, and managing emotions, which can lead to their behavior being unpredictable and explosive. Traumatic experiences in childhood have been linked to increased physical and mental health issues that can last into adulthood. This training provides practical information that can be useful for anyone working with children or seeking to practice trauma sensitivity.
Objectives of the training include:
- Identify common causes of complex trauma
- Identify ways trauma and complex trauma often present in children
- Increase knowledge of complex trauma and how it impacts children’s ability to identify, express and manage emotions
- Discuss links between childhood trauma and physical and mental healthy challenges in adulthood
- Discuss resources for managing trauma in children
The presenter of the training will be Amber Anderson, the prevention specialist with Prevent Child Abuse Illinois.
This training has 1.5 hours of continuing education approved for IL LCPC / LPC, IL LCSW / LSW, and IL Nursing (LPN, RN, APN) under IDFPR Professional Counselor CE License No. 197.000263 and IDFPR Nurse CE Sponsor License No. 236.000184.
For more information, contact Megan Ragan at email@example.com or call 1-877-HOPE123 (1-877-467-3123).
Text @RB to 618-202-4618 to sign up for Text Alerts from RiverBender!