Empowering Latinx physicians, medical professionals and medical students through education, advocacy & health policy to support their efforts to eliminate health disparity, promote and optimize health and the quality of life for Latinx in California.
- This event has passed.
What Happens After ACEs Screening? Effective Clinical Response & Community Partnership
February 18, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This webinar will discuss opportunities for ACEs screening implementation in the medical setting, identify evidence-informed clinical approaches for responding to ACEs within pediatric and family medicine practice, and present effective strategies for responding to ACEs through community partnerships. Time for discussion and Q & A will be included.
What Happens After ACEs Screening: Effective Clinical Response
presented by Rachel Gilgoff, MD and Leena Singh, DrPH, MPH (l to r)
- Describe methods for assessing protective factors and symptoms related to childhood adversity
- Discuss the domains of wellness (sleep, relationships, nutrition, physical activity, nature, mindfulness, and mental health) with patients as interventions for symptoms related to adversity
- Identify opportunities for expanding ACE screening and response in the pediatric setting
- Review key considerations for successful ACEs screening implementation and response
Resilient & Trauma-Informed Community
presented by Victoria Sparks, MD and Lacie Ketelhut, MS, CHES (l to r)
- Describe the benefits of a relationship-based community change model to encourage collaborative work across community partners
- Outline a framework for mobilizing community partnerships to effectively respond to impact of ACEs through aligned actions
Joint Accreditation Statement: In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Academy on Violence and Abuse. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. The following credit designations are for each individual webinar.