Empowering Latinx physicians, medical professionals and medical students through education, advocacy & health policy to support their efforts to eliminate health disparity, promote and optimize health and the quality of life for Latinx in California.
MiMentor Conference 2016
The Latino Physicians of California is proud to be the fiscal sponsor of the Second Annual MiMentor Health Careers Conference. On Saturday, April 23, 2016, more than 400 aspiring healthcare professionals, mentors, advisors, faculty and community organizations will descend on Cerritos College in Norwalk, CA for this inspiring, daylong, info-packed event. Please join our efforts to improve diversity in the healthcare workforce by empowering the next generation of healthcare professionals! Mil Gracias!
See what you missed at the 1st Annual MiMentor Health Careers Conference!
Support the 2nd Annual MiMentor Health Careers Conference by making a tax-deductible donation today!
- Registration 7:15 a.m. – 7:50 a.m. Register online at www.MiMentor.org to secure your spot!
- Power Mentoring Breakfast 8:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Start your day with a healthy breakfast and an inspirational mentoring session.
- Keynote Speaker Session 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Mentoring health professionals to heal our communities.
- Morning Sessions 10:45 a.m. – 11:55 a.m.
- Mentors Best practices for mentors and updates from health-careers professional programs.
- Junior Pre-health Tracks Speakers and seminars to help you find your path in medicine.
- Advanced Pre-health Workshops Prepare your application to a health career.
- Parent Workshops Essential information to better support your student’s health-career aspirations.
- Lunch & Resource Fair 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Connect with organizations that will help you strengthen your resume. Enter the health professional program of your dreams. Start your career.
- Mini-Medical Cases / Hands-on Workshops 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Learn more about various health careers by participating in some fun activities where you will learn some great medical skills
- Closing Speaker, Surveys, Raffle 3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Stay to the end to get a chance to win some exciting prizes that will help you along your healthcare professional journey.